When I began my first campaign, I emphasized that the focus of a Board member should be the children in our schools. That is still my focus.
I stand for a quality education and good school facilities for all students, fiscally responsible budgets, and decisions that are based on the best interests of the students, not any particular special interest. During the time I have been on the school board:
- career technical education has increased;
- arts and music programs were restored and improved;
- the budget has been balanced;
- new elementary schools were built and existing school facilities improved;
- two schools were opened to help address the needs of our K-12 students with disciplinary and attendance issues;
- academic achievement and the graduation rate has improved and;
- Fresno High has two new beautiful buildings and other improvements.
Granted, Fresno Unified still faces many challenges, which is why I wish to serve another term and continue to work on meeting the needs of all our students. I take my job as a trustee very seriously because I represent our most valuable resource - our children.
I would greatly appreciate your endorsement, your financial support, and your vote on November 8, 2016.